2024.2.0 failing to build on develop using gradlew

Hello,

I am having trouble building 2024.2.0 on develop branch using gradlew from the command line on OSX.

To double check, I tried to clone the repo to a clean directory and just trying to use

/gradlew buildEdge

and

./gradlew buildBackend

. Both are failing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Greg

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.2+8-86)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.2+8-86, mixed mode, sharing)

Here is gradlew buildEdge --stacktrace

Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve <<INITIAL>>: missing requirement osgi.identity;filter:='(osgi.identity=io.openems.edge.controller.api.backend)' [caused by: Unable to resolve io.openems.edge.controller.api.backend version=1.0.0.202402030301: missing requirement osgi.service;effective:=active;filter:='(objectClass=io.openems.common.oem.OpenemsEdgeOem)']
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1341)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:434)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:421)
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:375)
        at biz.aQute.resolve.BndResolver.resolve(BndResolver.java:32)
        at biz.aQute.resolve.ResolveProcess.resolveRequired(ResolveProcess.java:82)
        ... 164 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve io.openems.edge.controller.api.backend version=1.0.0.202402030301: missing requirement osgi.service;effective:=active;filter:='(objectClass=io.openems.common.oem.OpenemsEdgeOem)'
        at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1341)
    ... 170 more

Also want to provide a little more information to help if possible.

I checked out 2023.12.0 and gradlew buildEdge runs without issues on OSX.

I then made sure I had a clean build and checked out 2024.1.0. gradlew buildEdge fails to build with the same stacktrace as I originally posted.

I think something appears to have changed in the .bndrun files. Will try to help fix for the community but any help will be appreciated.

Thanks gsvitak. I am just adding this back-reference to the other thread for future readers: