Adding devices using odoo in GitPod

Using the gitpod example i am not able to add a edge device in both the edge ui (the add button goes nowhere. I suspect the installation route that the button reverences was never back-ported from FEMS) nor from odoo (i cannot not create a device as the name is required but read-only)

Which is correct and also not needed - as you need to specify it to your needs (i guess).

Also the Backports from FEMS do not suit everybody’s needs :smiley:

True, as the Demo still is a Demo and should demonstrate how it looks and somewhat how it works

In order to add a device via Odoo, I believe you need to login into Odoo, goto the OpenEMS application and create a setup protocol.

Part of the trick is you need to create a new device in the type ahead field for device name. I am sorry I do not have the exact field name in front of me so you might need to play around with the fields to find the type ahead.

Thanks @gsvitak-ionna, that did it! I also had to change the permissions of the user the backend is using

Thank you for your patience and finding your way through the system.

I once provided a simple python script that can be used to generate Edges in Odoo:

The blue button in OpenEMS UI is in fact meant to start a setup assistant. This assistant is currently highly specific to what we use at FENECON, that’s why we did not publish it yet as open source. But if anybody is willing to help cleaning up the code and generalizing it, we should be able to find a way…

Regards,
Stefan