BackendApp error at Run OSGi

Hello!
I got this error when I try to run the BackEnd app in Eclipse (“Run OSGi”).

! Failed to start bundle org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlrpc-client-3.1.3.1, exception Could not resolve module: org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlrpc-client [38]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.xml.bind

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlrpc-client [38]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:439)
at aQute.launcher.Launcher.start(Launcher.java:674)
at aQute.launcher.Launcher.startBundles(Launcher.java:654)
at aQute.launcher.Launcher.activate(Launcher.java:560)
at aQute.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:400)
at aQute.launcher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:181)
at aQute.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:157)
at aQute.launcher.pre.EmbeddedLauncher.executeWithRunPath(EmbeddedLauncher.java:170)
at aQute.launcher.pre.EmbeddedLauncher.findAndExecute(EmbeddedLauncher.java:135)
at aQute.launcher.pre.EmbeddedLauncher.main(EmbeddedLauncher.java:52)
org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-api [org.ops4j.pax.logging.internal.Activator] INFO : Enabling Java Util Logging API support.

Has someone met this issue? What can be the problem? Thank you.

Picture:

Here is the first part of the whole error message:

could not resolve the bundles: [io.openems.backend.metadata.odoo-1.0.0.202010230734 org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: io.openems.backend.metadata.odoo [16]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.xmlrpc; version=“[3.1.0,4.0.0)”
→ Export-Package: org.apache.xmlrpc; bundle-symbolic-name=“org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlrpc-client”; bundle-version=“3.1.3.1”; version=“3.1.3”; uses:=“org.apache.xmlrpc.common”
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlrpc-client [38]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.xmlrpc.client; version=“[3.1.0,4.0.0)”
→ Export-Package: org.apache.xmlrpc.client; bundle-symbolic-name=“org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlrpc-client”; bundle-version=“3.1.3.1”; version=“3.1.3”; uses:=“org.apache.xmlrpc,org.apache.xmlrpc.common,org.apache.xmlrpc.serializer,org.apache.commons…methods,org.apache.xmlrpc.util,org.xml.sax,org.apache.commons…auth,org.apache.commons.params,org.apache.commons.,javax.net,javax.net.ssl,org.apache.xmlrpc.parser”

, org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlrpc-client-3.1.3.1 org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlrpc-client [38]

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi @gyukov,

this might be an issue with the Java version you are using to run OpenEMS. OpenEMS is still using version Java version 8, and it seems that javax.xml.bind was dropped in more recent versions. I found this on Stackoverflow:

Could it be, that you are running it with Java 11?

For a OpenEMS Edge-Backend-UI setup that “just works”, I can also recommend our gitpod setup: