Connect Devices

Hello
Please I would like to know how I can connect new devices also, it is necessary to have a data collector?
how can I make the software executable and put it into the cloud server?

Hi Omar,

thanks for getting in touch. There is a wide list of devices, that are already supported by OpenEMS. Please check the list in OpenEMS Docs: Controller :: Open Energy Management System

I recommend going through the Getting Started Guide: Getting Started :: Open Energy Management System.

It finishes with a tutorial on “Implementing a Device”: Implementing a device :: Open Energy Management System, that shows how to connect to a power meter that provides data via the widely used Modbus protocol.

For running OpenEMS Backend on a Cloud server, please follow the Docs on Building and Deploying:

I would be glad to hear from you about your success or any further questions.

Regards,
Stefan

Thank you so much.
Also, i would like to know how can i create user access (how can i create accounts for clients and give them access to the project belong to them) i think is back-end and front end dev.
thank you.

Hi Omar,

please check our Gitpod live demo: Gitpod Workspace :: Open Energy Management System

It comes with a full backend using the Odoo environment. You can simply create User Accounts in that Odoo database and they will be able to authenticate via OpenEMS UI.

Hello
Thanks for your feedback.
Please i would like to know, is it necessary to connect meters with gatwey (Data logger)?
if yes wich dataLogger i can use, can raspberry Play this rool and How.
Thank you so much.

Hi Omar,

can you elaborate a little bit more on your actual use case/project? What is it, that you actually want to achieve? This will help answer your questions.

Thanks, Stefan

Hello Stefan,

for the instance I want to put the system in a cloud server(hosting and analysis), what i’m worried about is how to get the data from the sensor or meter into the server, so I think I’ll need a Gateway (data collector) to communicate with the meters.
In this case, what’s your suggestion?
Best regards, Omar

Hi Omar,

from my understanding, what you are planning is exactly what is visualized in the OpenEMS System Architecture diagram:

Source: Introduction :: Open Energy Management System

What you will need is an OpenEMS Backend instance on your cloud server - together with an InfluxDB to record the data. Next to the sensors you need an OpenEMS Edge instance, that collects all the local data from the meters and sends the data to the backend server.

In fact the Getting Started guide covers most of this setup already:
https://openems.github.io/openems.io/openems/latest/gettingstarted.html

Once you have that running as explained there, you just add Modbus Bridges and Meter Components as required by your local setup.

Regards,
Stefan