Enable Rest ReadWrite does not work

Hi,

i want to use the Rest ReadWrite Api, and configure settings via a REST client.

I tried to exchange the REST service

1. I configured the Controller.Api.Rest.ReadWrite instead of Controller.Api.Rest.ReadOnly

2.i changed it in the appManagerConfig the ReadWrite setting

But i’m getting the following output on the console:

2023-11-28T16:40:42,748 [re.Cycle] INFO [ntroller.debuglog.DebugLogImpl] [ctrlDebugLog0] _appManager[App.Api.RestJson.ReadWrite[JSON [API_TIMEOUT] is not a member of [{CONTROLLER_ID="ctrlApiRest0"}]]|State:INFO: Defective App detected]

Any Ideas?

Best regards Holger

Hi Holger,

What do you mean by

i changed it in the appManagerConfig the ReadWrite setting

? If you only changed the “appId” in the Json, it won’t be sufficient, because the property “API_TIMEOUT” is needed for the ReadWrite-App. Have a look at the Javadoc of the respective Apps to see what you need to put into the AppManager-config (the “appDescriptor”-Part is not needed there).

Hi,

i changed the app manager config to:

[
  {
    "appId": "App.Api.ModbusTcp.ReadOnly",
    "alias": "",
    "instanceId": "4bb255d4-469c-4031-9047-cf516ce5fc51",
    "properties": {
      "CONTROLLER_ID": "ctrlApiModbusTcp0"
    }
  },
  {
    "appId": "App.Api.RestJson.ReadWrite",
    "alias": "",
    "instanceId": "0b004b6c-6f19-4f01-a26b-463a3362ba44",
    "properties": {
      "CONTROLLER_ID": "ctrlApiRest0",
      "API_TIMEOUT": 60
    }
  }
]

Then i get the output:

[ntroller.debuglog.DebugLogImpl] [ctrlDebugLog0] _appManager[App.Api.RestJson.ReadWrite[Missing dependency with Key[READ_ONLY] needed App[App.Api.RestJson.ReadOnly]]|State:INFO: Defective App detected]

but there seem to be still a dependency with is setting READ_ONLY key…

Questions:
What is the instanceId? Even for the ModBusTcp i can’t find any matching id. Maybe this is my issue.

The Documentation is really short. Without the knowledge and the correct context it is hard to follow.