Getting startet - configuration

Hi all
I’m new to OpenEMS but is eager to start configure my first device. I’ve follow the “Getting Started” guide in the docs and it’s working fine. Therefore I would now like to start configuring it for my actual setup at home.

I have the following setup;
1x Smart-me grid meter (Production & Consumption Meter) - MODBUS/TCP
1x Siemens PAC1200 energy meter - MODBUS/TCP
3x Siemens Versicharge gen3 EVSE - MODBUS/TCP
1x Kaco Blueplanet hybrid 10.0 TL3 (7,2kWp PV and soon coming 18kWh BESS)
3x Siemens LOGO! PLC - MODBUS/TCP
1x KNX system with temperatures in all rooms, wind speed etc.
1x MetroTherm AIR330 Heatpump (Nibe) - SG Ready contacts via LOGO! PLC
1x Nilan Comfort LR300 ventilation system - MODBUS/RTU
1x Ventilation - I/O via LOGO! PLC
1x Heating element 2kW - I/O via LOGO! PLC
Tariff + electricity price in DK2 area - via Home Assistant (next day values will come in at 13:00 hours every day)

Can somebody guide me how to configure this either via the UI or how to configure the interface (Modbus address etc.) in Eclipse so I can start playing around with the scheduler and controllers?

The Edge+UI will run on a RPI 4 (8gb) with 120 gb SSD via Docker

Br Lars

Hi Lars,

It seems like most of your components do not exist in OpenEMS as of now. But in general, for a modbus device like the Kaco Blueplanet (which already exists) you need to configure:
a) A modbus TCP bridge and give it the IP address of the device and the modbus port (usually 502). As you have many modbus devices, it may be advisable to give the bridge a meaningful alias or component ID, like modbusKaco.
b) The inverter itself. You need to give it the corresponding modbus bridge.

You can configure it via the UI or the Apache Felix Web console, as you can read here:
https://openems.github.io/openems.io/openems/latest/edge/configuration.html

The components which don’t exist yet, you can implement yourself. A guide to that can be found here: https://openems.github.io/openems.io/openems/latest/edge/implement.html

Hi Thomas
Thanks for the info. Now I understand how the system works however I still not complete sure about the Kaco Blueplanet hybrid 10.0 TL3 - because I can’t find it in the software. Is there a special way that this particular inverter shall be implemented?
Any idea of how the Home Assistant integration can be done?

Br. Lars