How to install openEMS production ready?

Hi @SvenAarts and welcome to the OpenEMS Community.

So many questions here… would have probably been better to open a new thread.

In general I do recommend following the Getting Started Guide (Getting Started :: Open Energy Management System). Once that works including Edge and UI, you can start replacing the simulated components with real ones.

In your case it sounds like you are deploying Edge and UI to a separate computer (e.g. a Raspberry Pi). Be aware that in this case you should build the UI with ng build -c "openems,openems-edge-prod,prod", adjusting the environment file if required (https://github.com/OpenEMS/openems/blob/develop/ui/src/themes/openems/environments/edge-prod.ts).

You will also have to configure a webserver like NGINX and configure it for Angular applications. See → UI am Raspberry konfigurieren

Regards,
Stefan

Hi, is the support for sungrow inverters pulled to the public github repo in the meantime? If not, is there any other way to configure OpenEMS with Sungrow Inverters?
Thanks
Matthias

no, unfortunately not

yes, you can set it up with a for example 3-phase Meter (Socomec) to Meter The Prodution

1 Like

Hi @mfeurer,

we at opernikus have an own OpenEMS repository with a sungrow hybrid inverter here and here.

It is a copy of the official repository (probably 2-3 months outdated) with some modules not yet part of the official repository.
Our plan is to merge all the code into the official repository. We can not do this at the moment due to time constraints. So if you want, feel free to take both bundles and make an official PR out of it.

2 Likes

Will do this, as i already have it running and could improve if neccessary

This would be great, as I’ve just given up trying to setup OpenEMS with our Sungrow Hybrid Inverter. I would like to test it, if it is merged and released.

Done, waiting for Review

1 Like