There is currently a lot of work going on to use and integrate the MQTT protocol in OpenEMS.
MQTT (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport) is an open OASIS and ISO standard (ISO/IEC 20922) lightweight, publish-subscribe network protocol that transports messages between devices.
MQTT - Wikipedia
There are two major use-cases where MQTT could play a role:
- MQTT for communication between Edge <-> Backend <-> UI
- see this Pull-Request: Implement MQTT Communication by sfeilmeier · Pull Request #1395 · OpenEMS/openems · GitHub (mainly driven by FENECON)
- and this interesting discussion: Create binding for Eclipse SmartHome/OpenHAB · Issue #33 · OpenEMS/openems · GitHub
- MQTT as local Edge bridge to peripherial devices
- see this branch: openems/io.openems.edge.bridge.mqtt at feature/MQTT · ConsolinnoEnergy/openems · GitHub (mainly driven by Consolinno Energy)
I am curious to hear your opinions about the implementations and your use-cases, so that we can consider them in this early stage of the development.