OpenEMS Backend not showing anything in UI

Hello! I finished the Getting Started Guide, but I am having problems with the UI working with Backend. It is not whowing anything at all and basically sending this message:

In the logs I get in eclypse there is a warning that stands up:

.576 [_cycle] INFO io.openems.edge.controller.debuglog.ControllerDebugLogImpl - [ctrlDebugLog0] _sum[State:Warning Ess SoC:38 %|L:1553 W Grid:191 W Consumption:1744 W] ctrlBackend0[State:WARNING: UnableToSend] ess0[SoC:38 %|L:1553 W|Allowed:-10000;10000 W] meter0[191 W]
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: io.openems.common.exceptions.OpenemsError$OpenemsNamedException: No AppCenter Metadata provided.
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:396)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:2073)
at io.openems.edge.core.appmanager.AppCenterBackendUtilImpl.handleRequest(AppCenterBackendUtilImpl.java:107)
at io.openems.edge.core.appmanager.AppCenterBackendUtilImpl.getInstalledApps(AppCenterBackendUtilImpl.java:87)
at io.openems.edge.core.appmanager.AppSynchronizeWorker.syncAppsWithBackend(AppSynchronizeWorker.java:56)
at io.openems.edge.core.appmanager.AppSynchronizeWorker.forever(AppSynchronizeWorker.java:44)
at io.openems.common.worker.AbstractWorker$1.run(AbstractWorker.java:154)
Caused by: io.openems.common.exceptions.OpenemsError$OpenemsNamedException: No AppCenter Metadata provided.
at io.openems.common.websocket.WsData.handleJsonrpcResponse(WsData.java:131)
at io.openems.common.websocket.OnResponseHandler.run(OnResponseHandler.java:23)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

The TCP ports seem to be ok, when I use the UI just with Edge everything works, but just not with Backend. I double checked the whole guide but i haven found what i am doing wrong, could somebody help?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi,
Did you add the Controller for Api Backend to the Edge setup from the Config Manager? It’s stated in your error ctrlBackend0[State:WARNING: UnableToSend] .

The default values should work.
Best,

Hello! Thanks for the answer,
Yes I configured it.

however it keeps sending the AppCenter metadata as an error and not showing anything in the UI.

Hello @iCruz269 I have the same error and also configured it as mentioned in the getting startet guide as well as in the Simulation-App.readme.

Did you got the selution or do you still have it?

I couldn´t find any solutions to this spesific problem yet… @dsen do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hello,
It seems that the issue still persists, I have it also (opened a thread too).
Did anyone find a workaround about this, or got an answer?

Thanks!

Thanks for bringing this up. Due to a recent change a UI filter had been wrongly applied. I fixed this just now in develop:

Regards,
Stefan

1 Like