Plan for latest version of InfluxDB 3.0

Hello

I am curious about the roadmap to support InfluxDb 3.0. The reason is InfluxDb 3.0 supports the concept of storing data on an Edge device and then it handles the replication back to the backend automatically. This appears like it could solve some of the issues associated with poor connections that other have mentioned in the forums.

Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,

currently no plans for InfluxDB 3.0 on our side. But the problems you found in the forum are outdated. The functionality for storing data locally in an RRD4j database (round robin database that is very gentle to flash storage and predictable in size) and resending it, once internet connection is re-established, is working well in our productive systems.

Regards,
Stefan

HI Stephan

Thank you for the follow and the details.

Please let me know if I can help with support Influx 3.0 on the cloud side in the future dev cycles.

Greg

Hi Greg,

the way our InfluxDB implementation currently works is, that for the actual database communication we use “Proxy” implementations for (old) InfluxQL and (newer) Flux language. If InfluxDB 3.0 requires changes, this would be the place to implement them → https://github.com/OpenEMS/openems/tree/develop/io.openems.shared.influxdb/src/io/openems/shared/influxdb/proxy.

Regards,
Stefan

1 Like