Seeking Guidance on Simulating Consumption

I am interested in developing a simulation model to analyze consumption patterns within a system. Specifically, I aim to gather data on various consumption levels, such as 20% for machine X and 50% for machine Y. I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice on how to effectively implement such a simulation.

You talk about machines?
Are you using openEMS as a commercial Version then? :slight_smile:

Just follow the Getting started - should be a good start ! :slight_smile:

Greetings

1 Like

Appreciation for Your Response,
Are you referring to the terms “OpenEMS Ready Basic,” “OpenEMS Ready Silver,” and “OpenEMS Ready Gold.” ?
While I have followed the getting started instructions, they primarily focused on configuring the edge and ESS components. My objective is to understand how to seamlessly integrate additional consumption devices into the system, as illustrated in the image below.

No i am Referring to Getting Started :: Open Energy Management System

Just get through it and you will understand how you can do it :wink:

Greetings !

1 Like

Hi Ala Chahtour and welcome to the OpenEMS Community!

I have to admit, that I did not completely understand your target, but it’s possible to achieve e.g. something like this in OpenEMS:

grafik

These show real electricity meters, but you could also just simulate this by configuring multiple “Simulator NRCMeter Acting” meters.

Regards,
Stefan

1 Like

Hello Stefan,

I want to extend my gratitude for your assistance in this matter. The image you provided indeed aligns with my objectives. However, I have encountered an issue while attempting to implement the NRCMeter simulator. Here are the steps I have followed thus far:

1. I initiated the process by creating a new DataSource, specifying the Source as ‘NON REGULATED CONSUMPTION.’

2. Subsequently, I proceeded to create an NRCMeter simulator.

However, despite these steps, I have not been able to obtain any results in the UI. I would appreciate any further guidance or insights you might have to help me resolve this issue. Thank you for your continued support.