Simulate PV production and Grid consumption

Hello community,

I’m trying to simulate the consumption and production of a smart house, but when i configure the devices (meter, ess, datasource) I either get consumption from grid or PV production.
My question is: is there a possibility to simulate both (Grid and PV)? and if yes, is there a certain combination of devices to configure to get the wanted results.

I’ll be grateful for any ressources available on this subject, or any help for me to understand!

Thank you,
Ghada

1 Like

Hello Ghada,

in the Getting Started guide Getting Started :: Open Energy Management System

step 3.2e describes how to configure a simulated grid meter:

“Configure a simulated grid meter: Simulator GridMeter Acting. Configure the Datasource-ID 'datasource0' to refer to the data source configured above.”

You just have to do the same for a Simulator ProductionMeter Acting. It can use the same datasource (datasource0).

Best regards

Jan

1 Like

Thank you for your response, I’ll go look for it.
but I have another question, why is it not possible to have the same results using another meter device?

Why is it not possible to have the same results using another meter device?

Can you specify in more detail what you mean with this question?

when i configure another device for a meter, instead of Simulator GridMeter Acting , for example Controller :: Open Energy Management System , i don’t get the same results for the simulation.

Your OpenEMS setup does not involve real physical components, right? So you have to stick to the Simulators, where you can specifiy a datasource that should be used by the meter, in the form of “dummy” data.

for example Controller :: Open Energy Management System , i don’t get the same results for the simulation.

The meters that you linked here are physical meters that would expect real data. So the OpenEMS controller would expect a real physical counterpart. If there is no real meter installed, you will get no data.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help, it is much appreciated!