**Subject: Issue Launching .bndrun File in Eclipse with Bndtools - "Internal Error Occurred"**

Hi everyone,

I’ve encountered a problem while running the OpenEMS project in Eclipse for the second time, using Bndtools for OSGi development. When attempting to launch a .bndrun file, specifically “EdgeApp.bndrun”, I receive the following error message:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching EdgeApp.bndrun".

Unfortunately, the error message doesn’t provide further details on what the internal error might be. Here are the steps I’ve already taken in an attempt to resolve the issue:

1. Checked the Eclipse Error Log for more detailed messages but found none specifically pointing to the cause of this problem.
  2. Ensured that my .bndrun configuration is correct, with all run requirements and runbundles seemingly in order.
  3. Cleaned and rebuilt the project.
  4. Refreshed the project and restarted Eclipse with the -clean option.
  5. Verified that I’m using the latest version of Bndtools.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists, preventing the successful launch of the .bndrun configuration.

Has anyone here faced a similar issue or does anyone have insights on potential causes or solutions? Any advice on additional troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi nada,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am afraid I cannot help you in this case, because I have never seen this error myself.

Are you able to build the project manually from a terminal? See Build OpenEMS Edge :: Open Energy Management System

Following commands should work: (as per eric’s comment → Release 2024.2.0 · OpenEMS/openems - #4 by eric.bram)

./gradlew buildNeeded
./gradlew buildEdge

Regards,
Stefan

1 Like