you can connect multiple edge instances to one OpenEMS Backend. You need a proper Metadata Bundle activated on the backend site. The Metadata Interface handles authentication and identification of any edge and also of any user, which connects to the OpenEMS Backend. As your edge devices always get
edge0 you probably have activated the “Metadata.Dummy” bundle. This bundle will allow access for every user and every edge, but all edges will get the ID
You may try to use Metdata.File. In the documentation you can find a basic configuration file for it. As you can see you can configure multiple edge IDs and also their corresponding
Below are the steps to configure two edges and one backend to work properly:
- Open Backend Apache Felix Web Console
- Delete Metadata.Dummy configuration or any other Metadata… configuration
- Add Metadata.File configuration and provide a path to a json file holding the configuration (as in the example above). Remember the apikeys (Note: they must be different for each edge)
Edge 1 configuration:
- Open Edge Apache Felix Web Console
- Prepare a new or open an existing “Controller Api Backend”
- Configure the Controller (URL, componet-ID, and most important the apikey).
Edge 2 configuration:
Same as Edge 1, but with a different apikey
Thats it. You should be able to see multiple edges now. Of course you can also use the other Metadata bundle.
Personally I have never used Metdata.File. So I am not sure if the above steps are sufficient. But it should give you a hint, how to start on your issue.
For anyone interested. We are working on a Metadata.Keycloak implementation. It is not yet published, but hopefully we will do this soon.
Hope this helps,