Scheduler All Alphabetically - "cycle time" field is missing

Hello!

I wanted to setup a complete development environment of the OpenEMS based on this site: https://openems.github.io/openems.io/openems/latest/gettingstarted.html
I got stuck at “Configure a Scheduler” point, because the Scheduler All Alphabetically does not contain cycle time" field:

And I got this error:
" ERROR [s.common.worker.AbstractWorker] Worker error. NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “org.osgi.service.metatype.MetaTypeInformation.getFactoryPids()” because “mti” is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “org.osgi.service.metatype.MetaTypeInformation.getFactoryPids()” because “mti” is null
at io.openems.edge.core.componentmanager.EdgeConfigWorker.readFactories(EdgeConfigWorker.java:414)
at io.openems.edge.core.componentmanager.EdgeConfigWorker.buildNewEdgeConfig(EdgeConfigWorker.java:152)
at io.openems.edge.core.componentmanager.EdgeConfigWorker.getEdgeConfig(EdgeConfigWorker.java:103)
at io.openems.edge.core.componentmanager.EdgeConfigWorker.forever(EdgeConfigWorker.java:77)
at io.openems.common.worker.AbstractWorker$1.run(AbstractWorker.java:112)"

What is the problem? Thank you.

Hi gyukov,

and welcome to the OpenEMS Community. I just experienced the same bug on my development system and fixed it in:

If you update the source code it should work.

Regarding the “Cycle-Time” field. This is not anymore configured in the Scheduler, but in the Core.Cycle service. The screenshot is just outdated unfortunately.

Regards,
Stefan

Hello Stefan!
I guessed this was the problem. In spite of this problem I could move on with the first time configuration.
Thank you.

1 Like