Struggling with Power-Solver

Hi Forum,

I have a problem with the power-solver. It tells the ESS how to charge or discharge. However, there are sporadic values that don’t match the others. For example, 30 times -100W and then twice 300W, then again -100W. I suspect a problem with reading the data from the inverter - but I can’t figure it out.

Since the seemingly incorrect values only occur sporadically, debugging is difficult. At which point should I expand the DebugLog to output the input values for the Solver class?

Regards,
klinki

Hi klinki,

You may have already done this, but you can enable the debug mode in the Ess.Power-component. You will get all active EQUALS-constraints as log output together with the component it comes from.
If you want to see even more, you can remove the if-clause in line 145 here:

Then you even see all constraints, could be quite many though.
I hope that helps a bit.

Best regards,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the advice - but it’s not quite what I am looking for. The immediate issue is the problems that occur with my PV inverter/ESS. The solver works properly in simulation. However, there appears to be a problem in the actual implementation, described here. I’ve implemented a workaround with a moving average, which works well, but nobody’s happy using workarounds…

I want to find out what the solver takes as input, e.g., Grid-Power. The strategy is “moving towards target”.

But it´s in fact interesting seeing all the constraints

Regards, Thomas (klinki)

EDIT: I think I have to look further into the component which controls the ESS :face_with_peeking_eye:
EDIT: I´ve implemented a DebugLog in the BalancingController. So I can have a real-time look on what´s being passed to the Solver class